4WD & AWD Permits

The RMB makes a concerted effort to rationalize vehicle movements within the village. The roads within the Mt Buller Village are used by both pedestrians and vehicles.

The Board’s aim is to provide safe road/pedestrian walkways plus allow for effective snow clearing operations. Strict guidelines apply to vehicle permit applications and must be adhered to so as to maintain a functional, organised, and user-friendly resort. Four Wheel Drive Permits are special permits issued by application to allow vehicles access to the Mount Buller Village. The permit provides for gate entry at both the Mt Buller and Mt Stirling Alpine Resorts.

­­­­­­­­­­To be eligible for a “Village Season Permit”, the site must have designated parking space (onsite or roadside) as determined by the RMB, and the applicant must satisfy ONE of the following criteria;

The applicant must: -Be an Apartment Owner; Be a current Lodge / Club Member and provide proof if requested;  Operate a business within the Village by way of a Commercial Lease; Must have leased an apartment or club for entire season and provide supporting paperwork

Permit and vehicle conditions apply and are provided to the applicant and must be acknowledged by the applicant prior to the issue of a pass. Each pass is identified by a serial number and the personal details of the owner are managed by the Resort Administration.

The applicant must ensure that the driver of the vehicle has the capability and experience of driving in hazardous conditions that arise from snow and ice on alpine roads. which ensure that the vehicle is capable of being driven in the snow and icy road conditions that may exist during the snow season. Applicants are to ensure that the vehicle will be fitted with appropriate tyres for snow season driving and that wheel chains are carried at all times.

Click here to download the permit conditions. 

Click here to download the permit eligibility. 

Mt Buller 4WD/AWD Village Season Permit applications open on February 1st and close on 15 March 2018 - for enquiries, please email parking@mtbuller.com.au.


Replacement Permits

If a permit holder sells the permitted vehicle or requires a replacement permit the permit must be removed from the windscreen of the vehicle and returned to the Resort Management Administration Office or to Traffic Control Office at Mirimbah. An administration fee of $30 will be charged each time a permit is replaced.



go to oversnow taxis




First Time Visiting /
Don't Have a B-TAG?
Already have a B-TAG?